- 1 3/4 Cups of Organic Whole Wheat Flour (or equivalent)
- 1/2 Cup of Organic Rolled Oats
- 1 1/4 Cup of Organic Almond (or Soy) Milk
- 1 Tsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Melted Organic Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Organic Agave Nectar
- Non-stick Organic Spray (for waffle iron)
- 2 Tbsp of Wheat Germ
- 1 Cup of Organic Dried or Fresh Fruit
- 1 Cup of Organic Nuts
Utensils & Appliances Needed
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2 Medium size mixing bowls
- Sifter or Fine-mesh Strainer
- Waffle Iron
- Hand-held mixer or fork
- Combine the almond (or soy) milk and apple cider vinegar in one mixing bowl and whisk until the mixture curdles.
- Add the coconut oil to the mixture afterwards and set aside.
- Sift and combine all the dry ingredients (flour, rolled oats and salt) in the other bowl.
- Mixed dry and wet ingredients together until the batter becomes slightly runny with no clumps.
- Add optional items (and some agave nectar to sweeten) if desired.
- According to your waffle iron’s specifications, prepare your appliance for frying and create your masterpieces.
- DO NOT STACK waffles after they are ready; instead, lay each one separately so that they retain their crispiness.
- Once waffles have cooled down, feel free to stack them and serve with toppings.
YIELDS About 5 to 6 Waffles.
OTHER NOTES: Can be frozen and reheated (in a toaster or oven).