- 4-6 Large Golden or Red Organic Potatoes
- 1 10oz Bag of Organic Vegan Beef Crumbles*
- 1 8oz Can of Organic Tomato Sauce*
- 1 Stick of Non-Dairy Butter at room temperature**
- Salt and spices (if needed)
Utensils & Appliances Needed
- Vegetable Scrubbing Brush
- Sharp Knife
- Wooden Spoon
- Fork or Potato Masher
- Mixing Bowl
- Large Pot with cover
- Small Saucepan with cover
- 1-2 Large Non-Stick Baking or Casserole Dish(es)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring water to boil (make sure you add enough water to cover the potatoes when boiling).
- Wash potatoes at this time and scrub thoroughly.
- Bring water to boil in large pot.
- Cut potatoes (for added nutrition, leave the skins on the potatoes), place in boiling water and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until potatoes are very soft and mushy.
- Pour out excess water after potatoes are cooked.
- Mash potatoes with fork or potato masher***
- Add butter in small portions and mix well. (Add more or less butter according to your taste).
- Once desired consistency is reached, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, mix vegan beef crumbles, tomato sauce and spices. (Depending on the type of sauce you use, you will not need to add additional spices to the mixture).
- Cook according to the specifications of the beef packet.
- Set aside.
- In non-stick baking/casserole dish, pour the vegan beef in first.
- Place the mashed potatoes on top of the crumbles.
- According to the size of your dish, you may be able to do multiple layers of each. If you do have enough to do so, make sure to end with a layer of potatoes on the top.
- When ready, place dish (or dishes) in oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes. (Because everything is already cooked before baking, you can adjust how long you would like the meal to bake for).
- Remove dish from oven when the potato layer is a nice light brown.
- Enjoy with a side of vegetables.
YIELDS: Depends, but roughly about 5-7 servings
OTHER NOTES: *We suggest using Beyond Meat (c) Brand Vegan Beefy Crumbles and Hunt’s 100% Natural Organic Tomato Sauce (c).
**We suggest using Earth Balance (c) Vegan Buttery Stick.
***Using a fork or potato masher will yield a lumpy mashed potatoes. If you want a smoother mixture, use a hand-held mixer for mashing potatoes.