- 2 to 3 Large Ripe Organic Plantains
- Organic Olive Oil
Utensils & Appliances Needed
- 1 or 2 Non-stick Baking Trays
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees*
- Wash plantains while they are in their skins.
- Remove skins and cut plantains to your desired size (the thinner they are, the faster they will bake).
- Lay plantains on the baking tray(s).
- Using the pastry brush, brush on olive oil over each plantain chip.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Check after 15 minutes to see how plantains are doing.
- After they appear lightly golden, eat alone or serve with your favorite side and enjoy.
YIELDS: It depends on how many plantains used (about 20 to 30 chips).
OTHER NOTES: Plantains are related to bananas but are not bananas. They are usually bigger and their skins are a lot tougher, so be careful not to mix the two. The completed products can be refrigerated, stored and warmed for later consumption.
*Due to your oven’s specifications, you may need to adjust your baking settings.