One of our greatest gifts from God is our health. We promote and encourage healthy eating and habits, and we would like to share some fun ways to incorporate m0re fruit in the family’s diet:
- Find out your family’s favorites: This may be basic, but the best way to get the family to eat more fruit
- is to find out what fruits everyone likes. Naturally, we eat more of what we love, so try a variety of fruit to help find out which ones are ‘hits’ in the home.
- Eat them raw: As much as possible, eat fruit in their rawest form. Eat as much of the fruit as is edible so you get the full nutritive value of these wonderful gifts from God.
- Make it a smoothie: Smoothies are a creative way to eat many fruit at once. They are great during the hot summer months, and they can be chilled to make them even more fun for the pickiest eaters. Mix and blend different kind of fruit for fun flavors.
- Freeze grapes and berries: For those very hot days, consider freezing grapes and berries. They are fun and healthier than ice-cream. Use caution when giving these to younger children as they pose a choking hazard.
- Fun fruit cubes: Using your ice trays, fill with your favorite juices. We especially like using pineapple juice for these. These are great to eat alone, or to use as ‘ice’ in a glass of juice on a hot day.
- Easy fruit pops: Stuff small fruit in your ice trays, stick tooth picks in them and chill. These are quick and easy fruit pops everyone can enjoy.
What other fun and easy ways have you incorporated more fruit in your and your family’s diet? We would love to know.
Stay tuned for our next post which will be on vegetables.